This report defines, sizes, and analyzes the direct channel as it exists in today’s financial services world. It incorporates advisor, asset manager, and end-investor data and analysis to provide a comprehensive view of the impact of the direct channel on all relevant players. Four proprietary surveys, secondary sources, and 30 executive interviews provide data for this report.
Reasons To Purchase:
- The direct channel is the second largest retail distribution channel, with nearly $3.7 trillion in assets on direct platforms.
- Among the investing public, ownership of direct accounts is pervasive. 67% of households report owning a direct account.
- The success of direct firms has relied on their ability to efficiently serve clients with a multi-channel approach, including phone, web, in-person, email, and chat. Direct firms aim to
- keep the client experience similar and seamless regardless of the channel clients prefer.
- Direct firms are among the fastest growing channels distributing managed accounts programs.