This report examines emerging innovations in the managed account industry that impact platform development at broker/dealers and distribution strategy for asset managers. Proprietary data, representing 95% of the industry, and 30 executive interviews provide the basis for this report.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Asset managers have seen their role in the total advisory relationship diminish over time as sponsor firms take more control of the investment value chain.
- The wirehouse channel continues to lose marketshare to other channels. While this is partially attributable to broader share losses for the wirehouses, it also reflects a broadening
- of the managed account industry.
- Advisors expect to increase their use of financial planning services.
- The rep-driven programs are projected to grow to more than $US1.7 trillion by 2015.