This report focuses on the distribution of defined contribution (DC) plans in the small-, and mid-sized plan (SMID) sponsor segments with plan assets under $250 million. It sizes the markets and estimates future growth opportunities as it relates to retirement specialist advisors. It includes an in-depth analysis of the following: DC-focused advisor dabblers and specialists; retirement specialist broker/dealers, third-party administrators (TPA) segmentation and their influence on assets; advisor specialist support structures, recordkeeper services, DCIO, regulatory impacts of 408(b)(2), fiduciary roles, and rule changes on the horizon.
Reasons To Purchase:
- How investment consultants are moving down market and altering the competitive landscape
- Insight into how asset managers and other firms can capture assets in the SMID plan segments
- Provider rankings of 401(k) sales and market share
- Segmentation and three-year growth projections of TPA firms, and insight into their growing influence, recordkeeper fees, and profitability data
- Unique sizing of retirement specialist advisors, including projected growth of the assets they influence and number of advisors