This report examines the defined contribution (DC) market, with a focus on mutual fund-based small- and mid-sized plans. In an increasingly complex regulatory environment, plan sponsors are turning to external advisors to guide them in managing the plan from both an investment and fiduciary perspective. This has led to an emergent class of advisors and consultants who are nearly exclusively focused on DC plans, and have become a key influence point for asset managers seeking DC flows.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Understand the unique class of advisors and consultants who focus on the DC marketplace
- Review plan design and investing trends in DC plans
- Benchmark and structure asset manager DCIO salesforces and compensation
- Analyze the universe of retirement specialist advisors and best practices for working with this group
- Discuss staffing and sales trends specific to recordkeepers
- Examine the third-party administrator (TPA) industry